Remember when you were a kid? You couldn’t wait to get home from school so you could go outside and play. Stickball, hide and seek, monkey in the middle, touch football, etc. You ran and jumped and climbed and moved, sometimes for hours at a time. You didn’t think of it as exercise, you thought of it as fun.
Our kids today live in a very different world. A world of hand-held electronic games, laptop computers and big-screen TVs. A world of sitting around being passively entertained. A world where too much inactivity has resulted in alarming increases in childhood obesity and diabetes. A world that is stealing our youth.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. You can help ensure that your kids have a bright, healthy future. The Youth Fitness training program at CATZ of Long Island can help them get there.
A general fitness program designed for kids who want to be active, healthy and physically fit. CATZ YOUTH FITNESS is designed for kids NOT active in competitive sports and requires no athletic ability or sports background. A fun and engaging way to get kids exercising and off the couch, and help them build a foundation to make exercise a part of their regular weekly routine for a lifetime.
HOW WE DO IT
- All of our kid/youth classes motivate children to embrace a healthy lifestyle
- Encouraging, supportive & fun environment that promotes positive reinforcement
- Program will enhance coordination, movement patterns & fitness using task oriented drills & games
- 45-minute CATZ classes
- Maximum of 10 children per class
- 1, 2 or 3 day per week
- Task-oriented drills
- Exercises that are fun & effective
- Join anytime, year-round program
- Flexible scheduling 6 days a week
PSYCHOLOGICAL BENEFITS FOR KIDS
Exercise provides numerous cognitive & social benefits for school-age kids:
- Increases confidence & self-esteem
- Creates a more positive attitude & mood
- Reduces stress & tension
- Decreases levels of anxiety & depression
- Improves quality of life
- Improves mental focus
- Enhances feeling of control